Wednesday, April 27, 2016

More Free Tools to improve PC Security

Your antivirus program may not be enough. 

Yesterday I shared my three favorite free antivirus programs, as well as a video testing all three of them. But it's important to note that an antivirus program is may not enough to adequately protect your PC from malware. All three of the free antivirus programs I mentioned in my last post are pretty good at detecting viruses, but I prefer to have at least one backup to find any malware that may have got past my antivirus. One great secondary malware defense is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free:






The free Malwarbytes version does not scan automatically, so you will need to remember to scan manually. When you download it, you can choose either the free version or do a free trial of the paid version, which will include more features, but is not necessary, in my opinion, although the cost is actually pretty reasonable. If you want the convenience of an all-in-one security suite, then you might consider trying out the paid version. I posted a YouTube video from mrizos testing out the free version called "MalwareBytes vs Malware" if you would like to see some results for yourself. Check out my blog tomorrow for more free tools to improve your PC security (you can subscribe on the main page with your email for automatic notifications).










No comments:

Post a Comment